All of our Captains are dedicated professionals and committed to providing boaters the best assistance possible. We all love to hear feedback from all of our customers, so please e-mail any comments you may have. Looking forward to continuing to serve boaters in the following years. From the staff at Sea Tow. Fair winds and following seas
- Captain Mike DeGenaro, comes from a family of commercial fishermen and grew up running lobster boats on Long Island Sound. After working in commercial towing up north, Mike decided to relocate to Florida in 2004. After further experience in commercial towing in Florida, Mike purchased Sea Tow Charlotte Harbor in March 2005. Captain Mike holds a 50 ton Master License with Towing Endorsement, is Haz-Mat certified, and a PADI diver. Mike is also a member of the Punta Gorda Boaters Alliance.
- Captain Marcus Shore, Operations Manager: Marcus has been with Sea Tow Charlotte Harbor for three years. He has spent the last 25 years boating on charlotte harbor and surrounding waters. Marcus holds a 50 Ton Master License with Towing Endorsement, PADI open water dive certification, First Aid, CPR, and 40 hour Hazmat Certification. Rarely will you find Capt. Marc not accompanied by his dog "JAKE ", who often assists with grounded vessels.
- Diane Sharp, Office Manager/Dispatcher: is our office manager and has re-located from upstate NY. Hers is the voice heard for the last 8 years talking with Sea Tow members over VHF radio in Charlotte Harbor. In addition to dispatch Diane also performs an assortment of jobs that include customer service and book keeping.
- Dave Nielsen, Dispatcher: has been boating since he was a member of the BOY SCOUTS. He is a certified safe boating instructor, vessel examiner and active member of the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, Englewood, FLA and U.S. Power Squadron, Punta Gorda FLA. In his spare time he writes a boating safety column for WATERLINE, a weekly boating and fishing magazine of the Sun Newspapers
- Captain Ricky Burg, with over 40 years of on water experience, and 10 years in SW Florida. Rick was first licensed as a USCG captain in 1986 and currently holds a 100 Gross Ton Master License with a Towing Endorsement, licensed Marine Radio Operator, Certified NAUI Open Water diver, First Aid, CPR. Originally from the north east he spent many years charter fishing the deep offshore canyons. He still operates a local back water fishing charter business.
- Captain Randy Hassinger, hailing from Ohio he has spent days boating and fishing on the great lakes and continues to be an avid fisherman to this day. Captain Randy is our senior captain holding a 100 Ton Master License with Towing Endorsement for over 15 years, and our local expert on the many hidden sandbars and un-marked cuts through Charlotte Harbor and Gasparilla sound.
- Captain Eric Frank, Capt. Eric has been on the Sea Tow Charlotte Harbor team for 2½ years and has held his USCG license with towing endorsement for the past 10 years. He is a certified NAUI open water diver for 15 years, and is certified in First Aid, and CPR. Eric spent 6 months working on the Gulf Oil Spill and has had extensive Hazardous Material training. As a native of Charlotte County he grew up boating, fishing and scuba diving the Charlotte Harbor and surrounding waters.
- Captain Raymond Barkley grew up in St. Petersburg, FL. A few of his experiences include the U.S. Marines, Alaskan Commercial Fisherman, Wilderness Guide, Wilderness EMT, ACA Canoe Instructor, PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, Unlimited General Contractor, Class A CDL and Hang Glider Pilot. He spent 3 years in The Philippine Islands building his own Sailboat. He holds a 50 Ton Master License with Towing and Sailing endorsements, an FCC Marine Radio Operators Permit and an Amateur Radio License.
- JAKE “Official Sea Tow Dog”, born 2008 and rescued from the pound by Capt. Marcus, Jake has spent the rest of his time perfecting skills to assist Capt. Marc with grounding duties (check this video out). JAKE is a very affectionate Lab mix and is always ready for a free bone. The next time you see one of our Charlotte Harbor Sea Tow vessels on the water, look for JAKE.